1. The battery design is based on the requirements of the instrument equipment, providing a working power supply or power supply with the best use performance. Therefore, battery design must first meet the use requirements of the electrical appliance, optimize, so that it has the best comprehensive performance to determine the electrodes of the battery, electrolyte, diaphragm, outer casing, and other components, and use them It is reasonable to match batteries or battery packs with certain specifications and indicators.
2, battery design requirements
The battery design is to meet the requirements of the object (user or instrument). Therefore, before the battery design is performed, it is first necessary to detail the requirements of the performance indicators and conditions of the battery, which generally includes the following aspects:
• Working voltage of the battery;
• The battery’s operating current, the normal discharge current and peak current;
• The battery’s working time, including continuous discharge time, life or cycle life;
• The battery’s working environment, including status and ambient temperature when the battery is working;
• The maximum allowable volume of the battery.
At the same time, it should also be considered: the source of material; battery performance; battery characteristics determine factor battery technology; economic indicators; environmental issues and other factors.
• Evaluate the main indicators of battery performance
Battery performance is generally evaluated by the following aspects.
(1) Capacity battery capacity refers to the amount of electricity obtained from the battery, i.e., the current to time, generally AH or MAH, which directly affects the maximum operating current and working time of the battery.
(2) Discharge characteristics of discharge characteristics and internal resistance batteries are the batteries at a certain discharge system, and their working voltage is stationary, the high and low current discharge performance, etc., which represent the capacity of the battery with load. The internal resistance of the battery includes ohmic internal resistance and electrochemical polarization internal resistance, and when the large current discharges, the influence of the internal resistance on the discharge characteristics is particularly obvious.
(3) Working temperature range The working environment and conditions of use require the battery to have good performance within a particular temperature range.
(4) After a storage performance battery is stored, the performance changes due to certain factors, resulting in battery self-discharge; electrolyte leakage; battery short circuit, etc.
(5) Circulating Life (Secondary Battery) Circulation Life is that the secondary battery is charged and discharged in accordance with a certain system, and its performance is reduced to a certain degree (eg, 60% of the capacity initial value). Number of cycles.
(6) Internal pressure and overflow-resistant performance (secondary battery) For sealing secondary batteries such as Ni-Cd, MH-Ni, whether the internal pressure of the battery can be balance during large current charging, the balance pressure is high, battery resistance Both large current excharge performance is an important indicator that measures the performance of battery performance. If the internal pressure of the battery is not equilibrium or the balance pressure is too high, it will cause the battery pressure pressure device (such as anti-explosive ball) to cause battery discharge or leakage. Liquid, so that the battery is quickly expired. If the limiting device is invalid, it may cause cracking or explosion of the battery housing.
• Basic steps for battery design
Battery designers can design after designing tasks and preparing for the design.
According to the battery user requirements, there are two ways to design the battery design: one is a power supply for the use of electrical equipment and instruments; the other is only a new specification battery or a varoid Battery.
1. Determine the capacity battery design steps
• Determine the number of sound batteries in the combined battery, the operating voltage of the unit cell and the operating current density.
• Determine the working voltage, working current and other indicators of the battery pack according to the user requirements, select the battery series, refer to the “voltammetry curve” (experience data or experimental income) to determine the operating voltage and operating current density of the unit cell .
• Determine the number of unit cells in the battery pack.
Number of single cells = battery operating total voltage monomer electric / battery operating voltage
• Calculate battery capacity
• Calculate the rated capacity based on the required operating current and working hours.
Rated capacity = operating current * working time
• Determine the design capacity
Design capacity = rated capacity * Design coefficient
The design coefficient is set to ensure the reliability of the battery and the service life is generally 1.1-1.2
LiFePO4 Battery Manufacturer
Energy storage battery Manufacturer
Integrated machine energy storage battery series Manufacturer
Lead lithium battery Manufacturer
Outdoor Backup Battery Manufacturer
Portable outdoor power supply Manufacturer
Power battery Manufacturer
Powerwall LiFePO4 Battery Manufacturer
Battery rack Manufacturers
Telecom LiFePO4 Battery Manufacturer
Wall mounted battery storage Manufacturer
China Lifepo4 Battery
Shenzhen Geerady New Energy Co., Ltd NO.7888, SHENZHEN, CHINA